What is Steigerbouwer?
- Steigerbouwer A or Monteur Steigerbouw is the name of permits for scaffolding assemblers applicable in the Netherlands and Belgium (often also in Germany, Austria and Scandinavia).
- From 1 January 2017, the Netherlands and Belgium also require the Monteur Steigerbouw/Steigerbouwer A certificate with the DNV GL (DET NORSKE VERITAS) logo.
- The permits are issued by a Dutch examining institute and are valid for 5 years.
Steigerbouwer A / Monteur Steigerbouw certificate
- The Steigerbouwer A/ Monteur Steigerbouw certificate is issued in the form of a diploma, it includes the logo of DNV GL and the examining institute, and is valid for 5 years. The certificate is issued along with a plastic card with a photo.
- The Netherlands only require and approve a certificate accredited by the DNV GL institute.
- The online database with the Steigerbouwer certificate numbers is available at www.certcheck.nl administered by the DNV GL Institute based in the Netherlands.
Training courses and exams
- The Steigerbouwer/ Monteur Steigerbouw training embraces guidelines developed by the DNV GL institute in accordance with the Scaffolding Directive applicable in the Netherlands.
- The Steigerbouwer certificate is intended for scaffolding assemblers - three- or four-day training concluded with a theoretical and practical exam.
- The training courses and exams are available in Polish, English or Dutch.
Prices of the training course and exam:
- In the Netherlands: EUR 1230
- Scaffolding designing
- Planning work
- Key tasks and skills
- Terms and definitions
The stationary training is conducted in Polish, English or Dutch, duration: 3 or 4 days, 8 hours each (with breaks for coffee and meals)
The purpose of the training is to get the employees and subcontractors acquainted with the regulations concerning working as scaffolding assemblers according to the Dutch regulations, and prepare them for passing the theoretical and practical exam.
- 1 day, 8 hours (with breaks for coffee and meals)
Form of exam
- Consists of the theoretical and practical parts. The theoretical part lasts max. 2.5 hours. The practical part lasts max. 4.5 hours and requires the assembly of a scaffolding according to the technical drawing. The exam can take place in the Netherlands.
Conditions for takiing the exam
- safety braces with a (large) hook for bracing
- protective goggles
- work footwear
- work clothing
- spirit levels
- passport photos, 2 pcs.
- valid ID or passport and copy of both sides